Elbert County Democratic Party
"Providing Real Solutions for Elbert County"
The Elbert County Democratic Party supports the following items:
1. That all elections should be publicly funded.
2. The establishment of regulations that ensure the freedom from health hazards for humans
and animals and/or environmental degradation resulting from any form of energy
extraction. We support the following to accomplish this goal:
- Closed loop systems for extraction operations.
- Statewide baseline testing for water and air quality.
- Well casing extended for the full depth of the borehole.
- Set backs of 1,000 feet for all well sites.
- Recycling of flowback water.
3. A Federal minimum wage that is tied to inflation to bring people out of poverty and to
help our economy.
4. More investment in our country's education system including school infrastructure, teacher
and student resources, and support of federal and state requirements only when fully
5. Development of immigration reform which includes a path to citizenship for emigrants
and cessation of punishment for those emigrants who are not legal citizens.
6. We are against the development of the TransCanada/Keystone pipeline, which will cause
undue potential for environmental and health hazards, not substantially increase full-time
jobs, and will not increase our energy resource from oil as the useable product will be
7. The establishment of a state office required to investigate valid citizen complaints and
empowered to investigate public officials and departments as needed. Actionable items will
be referred to the appropriate enforcement authority.
Chairperson, EC Dems
Elbert County Democrats Platform
"Participation--that's what's going to save the human race." --Pete Seeger
40753 County Rd